On Co-op is seeking a Youth Program Co-ordinator to update, promote and deliver the 2017 Co-operative Young Leaders program for youth ages 12 – 18.
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Aid in development/update of the youth leadership program with the input of a Task Force
- Develop and execute a plan to engage sponsors to support the program
- Organize logistics for Co-operative Young Leaders Program (CYL), including registration, preparation of program materials, co-ordination of volunteers, organization of cameos and field trips, etc.
- Communicate with sponsors, parents, facilitators, and participants
- Organize, attend, and facilitate a 3 day facilitator training session
- Facilitate, deliver, and guide a weekend for 12-13 year old youth and 3-6, one week summer CYL sessions with a team of other facilitators for youth ages 14-18
- Actively encourage and recruit participants with diverse cultural backgrounds to grow participation in the CYL Program
- Ability to develop relationships with sponsors to meet program income targets
- Experience as a youth leader in a camp environment or similar experience
- Knowledgeable in various teaching/learning techniques
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Good listening, organization and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a project team
- Superior time management skills with the ability to meet deadlines
- Good understanding of risk management in a summer camp setting
- Must have own vehicle and possess a valid driverâ€™s licence
- Work schedule is 8:30am-4:30pm Monday to Friday, but candidate must be willing to work a few weekends and evenings as required.
- A criminal record check must be completed prior to start of position.
- First aid and CPR certification must be obtained by May 1, 2017
Interested individuals can forward their resumes to the Ontario Co-operative Association, referencing the job title, to: firstname.lastname@example.org. The application deadlineis Wednesday, November 30, 2016.